48 Verified Digital Marketing Facts and Statistics from Credible Sources (2022)
About this report:
This Digital Marketing Facts and Statistics Report is a result of hours of deep and tedious research.
We had to dig deep into the belly of Google in order to pull out these stats for you.
Then we had to scrutinize each source carefully to make sure that each was a credible source.
Then we had to sift through each one to make sure that they were the most current digital marketing statistics that we could find.
And now we present to you the finished result of our deep and intensive research.
- We strive to only publish the latest stats available
- We only site credible sources
- We link to all sources
- We only link to secure sources (https)
- We update stats regularly as needed
Please note: This report is not based on opinions or predictions. This report is fact-based only.
Watch and/or Read Below:
Table of Contents
Digital Marketing Facts and Statistics: SEO
- As of December 2021, Google had a market share of 85.55%, followed by Bing with over 7% of the global search market, and Yahoo with 2.85%. (Source: Statista)
- B2B blogs that create educational content receive 52% more organic traffic than those that primarily publish content about their company. (Source: Backlinko)
- More than 50% of marketers stated that keyword rankings and organic traffic are among the top metrics that they use to determine the success of their SEO strategy. (Source: HubSpot)
- In 2021, 69% of marketers invested in SEO. (Source: HubSpot)
- The first five organic results account for 67% of all clicks on the first page of Google search results. (Source: Zero Limit Web)
- 75% of marketers expressed high confidence that SEO was proving effective at helping them achieve their marketing goals. (Source: Hubspot)
- 83% of marketers expressed high confidence that having an optimized website was effective at helping them reach their marketing goals. (Source: HubSpot)
- More than 53% of consumers shared that they considered using a business but changed their minds because the business didn’t have a website. (Source: QuickBooks)
- Mobile accounted for 63% of organic search visits in Q4 of 2021 (Source: Merkle)
Digital Marketing Facts and Statistics: Social Media
- Facebook was the first social network to cross the one billion registered accounts mark and now has more than 2.89 billion monthly active users. (Source: Statista)
- Marketers use social consumer segmentation to help them understand if their social media programs are resonating with the target audience. (Source: Forrester)
- 73% of social media marketers have taken action to set a goal of acquiring new customers.
- Facebook still reigns as the most popular social media network, used by 94% of B2B and B2C marketers. (Source: Statista)
- The primary content distribution channel for marketers is Facebook. (Source: HubSpot)
- 76% of marketers use Instagram (Source: Statista)
- In December 2021, Instagram reached a new milestone of 2 billion global active users. (Source: Statista)
- Instagram is shown to be the second-best performing social media platform for marketers. (Source: HubSpot)
- Instagram also produces the second-highest ROI among social channels for marketers.
- 34% of global digital marketing professionals stated that they planned to invest in influencer marketing in 2022. (Source: HubSpot)
- As of 2021, LinkedIn’s global user base is approximately 774.61 million users.
- YouTube has more than 2 billion logged-in monthly users and 500+ hours of content uploaded every single minute. (Source: YouTube)
- TikTok had approximately 205 million downloads in the second quarter of 2021.
- 53.2% of younger generations now turn to social networks to research brands more than search engines. (Source: Hootsuite)
Digital Marketing Facts and Statistics: eCommerce
- 43% of consumers indicated that the quality of product was the
most important factor for them, above price, company values
and customer service. (Source: Qualtrics)
- 72% of professionals in the eCommerce spaces use Facebook for digital marketing.
- Online holiday sales in 2021 reached $1.14 trillion worldwide. (Source: Salesforce)
- In 2021, e-commerce sales for retail reached ~4.9 trillion U.S. dollars worldwide.
- Searches for “late-night shopping” have increased globally by more than 100% year over year. (Source: Think with Google)
- Amazon reached a net income of $26.31 billion worldwide in 2021.
(Source: Insider Intelligence)
- The use of mobile shopping apps grew by 30% in 2021. (Source: InternetRetailing)
- More than 93% of shoppers recognize now more than ever the importance of supporting small businesses. (Source: QuickBooks)
- More than 53% of consumers shared they considered using a business but changed their minds because the business did not have a website. (Source: QuickBooks)
Digital Marketing Facts and Statistics: Content
- 51% of B2B blogs use their blog home-base for all of their content
(both company-focused and educational). (Source: Backlinko)
- 48% of companies with a content marketing strategy blog regularly. (Source: HubSpot)
- 56% of marketers who blog state that it’s effective and 10% revealed that it has proven to yield the biggest return on investment. (Source: HubSpot)
- 82% of marketers are actively using content marketing. (Source: HubSpot)
- 45% of marketers have already incorporated infographics in their internet marketing strategy, while 38% stated that they plan to leverage it for the first time in 2022. (Source: HubSpot)
- Two-thirds of marketers say they expect to increase their Content Marketing budget in 2022 (Source: Content Marketing Institute)
- 86% of businesses are using video as a marketing tool. (Source: Wyzowl)
- 53% of company professionals who leverage content marketing found “podcasts or other types of audio content” to be effective when it comes to brand awareness and engagement.
- YouTube has more than 500 hours of content uploaded every minute. (Source: YouTube)
Digital Marketing Facts and Statistics: Advertising
- In 2021, mobile global ad spend reached a whopping $295 billion. (Source: Data.ai)
- In 2021, spending on search advertising amounted to 144.8 billion U.S. dollars worldwide. (Source: Statista)
- In 2021, Google’s ad revenue was 209.49 billion U.S. dollars. (Source: Alphabet Inc.)
- For paid search, 70% of Google Search Clicks came from phones. (Source: Merkle)
- Sponsored products spend on Amazon grew to 68% in Q4 of 2021 (Source: Merkle)
- Facebook Ads spending grew 7% Y/Y with lower CPM (Source: Merkle)
Keep in mind that some percentages quoted in these internet marketing statistics are based on the percentage of an individual study, not necessarily overall.
Thanks for visiting! Hopefully, these Digital Marketing Facts and Statistics for 2022 have given you greater insight to help you navigate and elevate your digital marketing strategy in 2022.
This Digital Marketing Facts and Statistics report will update as needed. Be sure to bookmark it for your records.